So, yesterday, I really didn’t get much done. Besides still being upset (and honestly, I probably will continue to be until another drops and I actually win it this time), I just felt pretty sucky and it wasn’t a great day yesterday. I only managed to do Lost Island once and if you couldn’t guess, no luck. At all.
Being up this early, I have already queued myself for Group Finder. I am nervous about a group as there is a chance I’ll get a bad one and I really can’t afford the repair costs. Similarly, there is a chance someone will roll again and I will lose again and I’m not sure how many times I can deal with that before I give up altogether and the only chance of me getting it would be someone else running it for me (for the record, there is nobody else as my boyfriend as no idea how to play a healer and I wouldn’t trust someone to go on my account unless they were sitting in my chair and I can watch them and nobody else I know in RL plays this game :D).
It was almost like having a game and getting to the ending. The best ending. You’re about to win when either:
A. You need to save and quit because you have to take care of stuff.
B. Someone unplugs it/black out.
If you picked A, then one of the following happens: Someone comes and accidentally saves over your game or the system eats the data.
For the record, I have had these things happen to me. Now, I have been over my hate for repeating things. However, when I do something and then lose all my progress? That goes into a realm even further of my hate for repeating things.
That is how I feel about what happened with Lost Island. Yes, it’s random, there is a chance I could’ve lost regardless. Part of what makes it feel this way is why–that reason. And honestly, I’d probably still be upset (though, not as frustrated) if I just lost.
So, why is this so much different and why would I still be upset, you may ask? I hate Lost Island. No, not like how I hate dailies. With dailies, it’s more that I hate repetition. I hate how they are done. I do not necessarily have this much issue with the actual quests (with the exception of Belsavis’–but with their changes, it’s mostly just bad memories now).
I am not a fan of Lost Island or Kaon Under Siege. I dislike zombies (though, the actual appearance of most Rakghouls and Nekghouls doesn’t bother me so much–the infected humans and transformations are really what creep me out) and Kaon is like a horror movie (I don’t watch horror movies). While Kaon’s environment and the various mobs bothers me, the actual bosses aren’t too bad (with the exception of the first “boss” but that is due to it being endless mobs).
Lost Island, however, I hate the bosses. Some of the Rakghouls go into creepy territory as well and there’s also some of the creepy humans. But not just that, I am personally uncomfortable with it. It is something I still, regardless of how many times I have finished it, feel like I am not good enough to be able to do it.
1. Mini Boss 1 – okayish I guess.
2. Boss 1 – Hits super hard. Very nerve-wracking.
3. Giant Robot of Doom. No further explanations needed.
4. Mini Boss 2 – Rhino guy. Hits hard with certain attacks and it’s random who he decides to hit. If not taken down fast enough, can be a problem trying to get everyone quickly healed back up.
5. Lava Pit boss – While his on the ground phase isn’t horrible (stay behind him and run inbetween his legs when he is going to smash), his pipe phase sucks. A healer may just need to heal in the middle, but those stupid rotting balls he throws at everyone hurts. Just a few of those things and you can be down half way or further. With the Noble Sacrifice nerfs, if he targets you quite a bit, it may not be long before everyone else manages to fall and that sucks and just really doesn’t help. If it wasn’t for those stupid balls (or the fact that they are targeted randomly), it probably wouldn’t be so bad of a fight. At this point, my faith is just in everyone getting him down ASAP and him mostly targeting the same person or the whole thing can come crashing down and it’ll be all my fault.
6. Finally, the final boss. He’s…not so bad once you learn the fight. Main issue is if the people you are with are all over instead of taking a path. Also, while the Raghoul virus grenade things can be cleansed, they can stack quite a bit. As long as you have good DPS though (and again, a good path to move in and people not staying too far–can’t heal you if you’re on the other side of the room), it’s not so bad anymore. …other than his transformation thing which bothers me personally due to previously expressed fears.
I’m not saying it should be on easy mode–I’m just saying it makes me nervous (though, the robot boss could use some nerfing to be honest). And due to my issues with zombies, I personally have problems with the flashpoint. And that is part of what bothers me so much. I was that close to not having to do it again (unless someone really needed a healer and asked me to help them out) and lost because someone figured they’d lose anyway.
With Gargath, I don’t mind him so repeating him was okay. But I hate Lost Island. It scares me, it stresses me out, and it makes me incredibly uncomfortable and nervous. If I was going to have an anxiety attack from this game, this flashpoint would most likely be the cause of it. (that or something being removed that I haven’t saved up for yet)
And even though my stats* aren’t horrible… I just… I can’t put into words how much I hate this flash point. I really wish Midnight Raklings were tradeable so I’d never have to do this flashpoint again. I don’t think I can properly explain just how much I hate it, but I hope this is enough I guess.
*For those who are curious about my stats (as of 8:41AM on June 29th, 2012)…
Bonus Damage: 730.5
Bonus Healing: 554.9
Crit Chance: 39.29%
Crit Multiplier/Surge: 72.31%
Force Regen Rate: 8.0
Activation Speed: 9.58%
Equipment (Everything has a Advanced Resolve Augment 22 in it (+12 Endurance and +18 Willpower):
Rakata Force-Master’s Relay
Rakata Stalker’s Motivator x2
Consular’s Renowned Bracers (Advanced Resolve Armoring 25, Advanced Aptitude Mod 25A)
Matrix Cube M7-43
Campaign Relic of Ephemeral Mending
Righteous Harbinger’s Lightsaber (Advanced Resolve Hilt 25, Advanced Aptitude Mod 25A, Advanced Quick Savant Enhancement 25, Advanced Magenta Eviscerating Crystal)
Rakata Stalker’s Power Generator
Elder Seeker’s Headgear (Advanced Resolve Armoring 25, Advanced Aptitude Mod 25A, Advanced Quick Savant Enhancement 25)
Elegant Dress (Advanced Resolve Armoring 26, Advanced Mettle Mod 25A, Advanced Insight Enhancement 26)
Elegant Gloves (Advanced Resolve Armoring 25, Advanced Aptitude Mod 25A, Advanced Battle Enhancement 24)
Consular’s Exalted Sash (Advanced Resolve Armoring 23 (see why I want 25 so badly :(), Advanced Mettle Mod 25A)
Elegant Pants (Advanced Resolve Armoring 25, Advanced Mettle Mod 25A, Advanced Insight Enhancement 25)
Elegant Slippers (Advanced Resolve Armoring 25, Advanced Mettle Mod 25A, Advanced Insight Enhancement 25)
…And obviously, I have no set bonuses due to putting them in my dress before realizing :/ Though, I only had (and will probably have this again if I ever get Campaign stuff) the first bonus of the DPS set and the Healing set for sages as I mix and matched with it for more Willpower.