Figured I’d try making a more condensed information drop XD If I missed something on the Tried or Not Tried List, let me know and feel free to continue to submit ideas. I’ll also add any I think of.
If you do not know about the Cave yet, well… It is a cave in Terror from Beyond, the new operation in 1.4. The cave is under a bridge on your way to the second boss and on 16-man HM (yes, this is 16-man HM only), gives the following message: “You feel a strange and chilling presence.”
For those of you who do not do 16-man HM, due to not having enough members or just preferring to run 8-man groups, it’s okay! 16-man is on the same lockout as 8-man so you can just switch the difficulty. However…if there really is some kind of boss, I’d recommend teaming up with another 8-man group.
Here is a video of said cave. The quickest way to get there is taking the speeder after having beaten the second boss in the operation. It’ll drop you off at the platform right before you’d jump down and you just need to turn around, go over to the bridge/on the bridge and jump down. If you only have the first boss down, once 2 hours have hit, all the mobs between the 1st and second boss will respawn and you will land from the speeder in a mob. If you have 3 or more down, the speeder will take you too far and you will be unable to get back there and thus, will need to walk to the area instead of taking the speeder.
Hints that have been given:
2. 10:30 Particulate: you want to know what’s in the cave?
10:30 Particulate: only what you bring with you.
10:31 Martin_smith: oh damn, troll and true at the same time
—–Script Excerpt of Scene
3. Martin_smith: I wouldn’t worry about it right now
Martin_smith: read the words
- Things that have been tried: (Note: These have ONLY been tried with less than 16 people unless otherwise noted. Please do try these with all 16 people as well)
- Entering with everything unequipped and no items in inventory.
- Entering with certain Vanity Pets: All tried except Orochick (for obvious reasons)
- Going in with Shockfrozen Water
- Going in with the Normal Water Buff
- Going in with an Orobird Egg (I think this has been tried anyway? Feel free to correct me if not)
- Going in with both the Egg and the Water Buff (I think this has been tried anyway? Feel free to correct me if not)
- Going in with a Magenta Adegan Crystal
- Going in with a Magenta Crystal
- Going in with a Rough Magenta Shard
- Going in with the Ice Scrabbler Jerky
- Going in with the Ice Scrabbler Jerky Buff
- Having everyone in there at much and having a Dance Party (okay, maybe not that last part)
- Dragging monster’s into the cave and killing them.
- Going in with the Nightmare Pilgrim Debuff only
- Using the Galactic Party Bomb
- Going in with the buffs from Outlaw’s Den
- Going back after finishing the instance on HM 16-man for the first time. (EMPTY/Locked-out INSTANCE)
- Entering with a Deep Wriggler Vanity pet.
- Go in with the Red rhombus title
- Typing “You feel a strange and chilling presence.” while in the cave
- Checking it after completing the story quest.
- Go in with your UI disabled – Ctrl U once
- See if anything in on ceiling
- Use /stuck in cave
- Revive someone in cave.
- Using the Rhythm Augmentation Droid
- Try using an AoE all over the cave.
- See if you can use a heroic moment in the cave (due to the “supposedly can be used in some situations as an exception with no companion)
- Going in with a Pristine Adegan Crystal
- Dueling in the cave.
- Trying to go in with a specific mood.
- Going in with a Rubat Crystal
- Going in with a Bondar Crystal
- Going in with both a Rubat Crystal and a Bondar Crystal.
- Going in with a Rubat Crystal plus a Color Crystal
- Going in with a Rubat Crystal plus an Adegan Crystal
- Going in with a Bondar Crystal plus a Color Crystal
- Going in with a Bondar Crystal plus an Adegan Crystal
- Going in with a Rubat Crystal, a Bondar Crystal, and a Color Crystal
- Going in with a Rubat Crystal, a Bondar Crystal, and a Adegan Crystal
- Entering with both Mainhand and offhand unequipped.
- Going in with Hydro Ice Thinner
- Using the Party Instigator (Social 5)
- Checking it after completing it on both story and hardmode.
- Use some sort of Stealth Detection item/skill in cave.
- Going in with Zero Buffs. I.E. Right Click everything on your bar to remove them.
- Entering with only mainhand equipped.
- Entering with starter gear
- Using a specific action while in cave (I’d recommend going through all of them)
- Dragging the Mini Boss into the cave.
- Go into cave with Dread Guard Mask on
- Things that still need to be tried:
- Going in with Womp Rat Fever
- Going in with the Nightmare Pilgrim Buff
- Checking it out the next time you do it (NOT locked-out/Empty instance) after finishing the instance on HM 16-man for the first time
- Everyone (all 16 people) entering with a Deep Wriggler Vanity pet.
- Entering with ONLY Mainhand unequipped.
- Entering with ONLY Mainhand unequipped and a specific mood.
- Entering with ONLY offhand unequipped.
- Going in with Red Detonite
- Using certain food item buffs (Specific items tried so far: N/A)
- Going in with only a relic that requires Light V or Dark V equipped.
- Using both the Party Instigator and Galactic Party Bomb in cave (Requires 2 people as they share a cooldown)
- 16 people in Meditative Mood all using their Health Regen
- From Yul, one of our commenters:
ALSO, the RED and BLUE features and plants in the cave seem WAY too coinincidental to be in there set COMPLETELY away from each other. (Red obviously symbolizing the Empire and Blue for the Republic). Maybe either Empire Raid groups need to stand on the Red side and draw their weapons facing Blue or stand on Blue and draw their weapons. Visa versa for Republic raids.
- Using HK-51 Part Scanner in cave.
- Using a Dreadful Amulet in cave.
- Using a Dreadful Amulet in the cave with the Dead Guard Mask in your inventory.
- Using a Dreadful Amulet in the cave with the Dead Guard Mask on.
- Just having the Dreadful Amulet in your inventory with the Dead Guard Mask on.
- Just having the Dreadful Amulet and Dead Guard Mask in your inventory.
- Use Amulet on the mobs outside the cave to see if it chases them inside it.
- Use the Dreadful Orb and Dreadful Amulet together.
- Dreadful Orb, Dreadful Amulet, and Dread Guard Mask together.
My main ideas are that whatever you do, it either:
A. Summons a boss (My main instinct is a Force Ghost) that drops something special.
B. Gives a Pet
C. Gives a Color Crystal (Main instinct is black-cyan due to this)
D. Summons a Chest that has something special